To register your business, use the My DOR online business licensing system. After you’ve filed your application, you will receive a business license and Unified Business Identifier (UBI) number from the Business Licensing Service.
You will also receive a letter from the Department of Revenue with your UBI/account ID number and filing frequency.
To learn more about doing business in Washington, visit Business.wa.gov.
Filing tax returns
All monthly, quarterly, and annual filers must file and pay their excise taxes electronically. For more information, visit our mandatory e-file page.
For taxpayers who are not required to file and pay electronically:
- Pre-printed returns are mailed about four weeks before the due date.
- The due date is printed on your tax return.
- You are required to file and pay taxes by the due date even if you do not receive a tax return.
- If the due date falls on a weekend or legal holiday, the due date for the return is the next business day.
- Your nine-digit Account ID is printed above your name and address on the tax return. Write this number on:
- the deduction detail pages (if reporting deductions on your tax return)
- any related forms
- your check
The easiest way to file
File and pay your taxes online using My DOR.