After you registered your business, we sent you a packet of information. In this packet there is a welcome letter with your:
- Account ID
- Filing frequency (monthly, quarterly, annual)
Filing frequencies are assigned based on what you estimate for your yearly business income.
- Monthly returns are due the 25th of every month. (e.g. The June tax return is due July 25.)
- Quarterly returns are due the end of the month following the tax quarter. (e.g. The Quarter 1 (Jan, Feb, Mar) tax return is due April 30.)
- Annual returns are due April 15. (e.g. The Annual 2019 tax return is due April 15, 2020)
If the due date falls on a weekend or legal holiday, the due date is extended to the next business day.
For your convenience, we’ve compiled all of the helpful information, links, and resources that you’ll need to complete your annual tax return.
Businesses that meet certain criteria may be eligible for active non-reporting status. Active non-reporting status means you are actively doing business in Washington, but you are not required to file tax returns. To qualify, your business must meet all the following criteria:
- Business activity does not require the collection of retail sales tax.
- For calendar years starting Jan. 1, 2023, or later, gross proceeds of sales, gross income, or value of products for all business and occupation (B&O) tax classifications is less than $125,000 per year.
- For calendar years before January 1, 2023, gross proceeds of sales, gross income, or value of products for all business and occupation (B&O) tax classifications is less than $28,000 per year; or $46,667 per year for persons generating at least 50% of their income from activities taxable under RCW 82.04.255, 82.04.290(2)(a), and 82.04.285.
- Gross income of the business for all public utility tax (PUT) classifications is less than $24,000 per year.
- The business does not owe any other tax or fee to the Department of Revenue.