Litter tax

If you sell the following items, you are subject to litter tax:

  • Household paper and paper products
  • Newspapers and magazines
  • Soft drinks and carbonated beverages
  • Food for human consumption

These products contribute to Washington’s litter problem. This tax is reported and paid on your Excise Tax Return. Visit Washington Administrative Code (WAC) 458-20-243 for additional information.