Revenue supports you in taking your first steps into a rewarding career
We’re often hiring for entry-level positions because people in these jobs tend to learn, grow, master skills, then move into more advanced roles. If you’re interested in serving the public, while using your analytical and creative problem-solving skills, you’ve come to the right place.
Perks to help you grow
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Training and Promotional Opportunities*
- Tuition Reimbursement
If you have a background in customer service, accounting, or have a college degree, explore these entry-level options:
Revenue Auditors 1 & 2
- Audit businesses in-person and virtually.
- Handle public works contracts.
- Verify tax refund requests.
- Teach businesses about tax responsibilities via workshops and seminars.
Revenue Agents 1 & 2
- Encourage voluntary tax compliance through education of our tax laws.
- Help the public at counters and over the phone.
- Help taxpayers register business activity and report taxes.
- Find, investigate, assess, and collect taxes owed.
Excise Tax Examiners 1 & 2
- Maintain taxpayer accounts and business registration.
- Audit and reconcile accounts virtually.
- Help taxpayers file electronically.
- Examine taxpayer accounts: process, research, and ensure accuracy.
Public Benefits Specialists 1 & 2
- Determine eligibility for Working Families Tax Credit program.
- Help people find and understand additional state benefits as needed.
- Process applications and determine approvals.
- Help people apply for refunds online and over the phone.
Search open jobs
*Some positions provide additional perks like paid professional memberships and certifications.