- Look up a sales or use tax rate with GPS or address
- Calculate your total amount due
- Save your locations and rates to a list
- Send your location and rate by text or email
- View a location on a map
- Automatically calculate total amount due based on the rate at your location
Working together to fund Washington's future
2012 - 2014
All right reserved.
Gallery | Email us
Use this app to find the sales and use tax rate* and code for any location
in Washington. You can look up rates by your current location (using GPS),
address, or zip code. It's an ideal tool if you make deliveries to your
customers in multiple locations.
*Sales tax rates for lodging, motor vehicle sales and rentals, and liquor are different than the general
rate and are not included in this app.
How to look up a tax rate
Using your current location
- From the home view, tap the Current Location button; the system will find your present location and display the tax rate information*.
Using an address or zip+4
- Key the address or zip code +4 into the appropriate field(s).
- Tap Done; the system will find the location and display the tax rate information*. *Sometimes an exact match can't be found. You may use the rate the app provides if it's within 100 meters of the location.
Once you have the tax rate, you can:
- Calculate total amount due by tapping the Calculate button, keying in the sale
amount, and tapping Done. You can save or send this information along with the
other information in your entry. Follow the instructions below.
- Save it to your list by entering a title (if you want one) and tapping the Save button.
To edit a title or delete an entry, tap Edit and enter your new title or tap the minus
icon (-) next to the entry.
- View your list by tapping the List button on the bottom of your search screen.
- Send it via text or email by tapping Send.
- Save your confirmation code! This is your record if you're ever audited.
- You can tap the Cancel button if you make a mistake.
- Use the Back button to return to your home view.
- Rates can change quarterly. Check back often to get the latest tax rate.