OLYMPIA—Dec. 4, 2012—The Washington State Department of Revenue today announced the winners of its Fiscal Year 2012 Employee Recognition Awards.
The annual awards acknowledge exemplary performance by staff members in eight categories: outstanding employee, internal customer service, external customer service, leadership, diversity, project team, teamwork, and field office.
The winners are:
- Outstanding Employee: Tim Jennrich, Interpretations and Technical Advice;
- Internal Customer Service: Wes Thurmond, Information Services;
- External Customer Service: Kate Adams, Legislation & Policy and Tarah Downs, Property Tax;
- Leadership: Debra Conn, Taxpayer Account Administration;
- Diversity: Massey Bentz, Human Resources;
- Teamwork: Unclaimed Property Section of Special Programs;
- Project Team: Revenue Alternatives for Building a Better Future; and
- Field Office: Yakima Field Office.
Revenue Director Brad Flaherty noted the winners were chosen from among 220 nominations by Department employees recognizing the efforts of 734 people, or two-thirds of total agency staffing.
“That tells me that the Department is filled with dedicated employees who daily strive to deliver services to the public efficiently and effectively,” he said. “This year’s winners are simply the latest standouts in an agency of top performers.”
Revenue’s Executive Team announced each award in surprises visit to the winners during staff meetings.
# # #